Dem rep says he won’t participate in moment of silence for Las Vegas victims

At least 50 dead in Las Vegas mass shooting, gunman’s name released
Autoplay: On | Off

Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.) said Monday that he won’t participate in a moment of silence on the House floor for victims of Sunday night’s deadly mass shooting Las Vegas.

“As after #Orlando, I will NOT be joining my colleagues in a moment of silence on the House Floor that just becomes an excuse for inaction,” Moulton tweeted Monday.

“Now is not a moment for silence; it’s a time for action.”

 

Moulton was one of several Democratic lawmakers who refused to take part in a moment of silence in the House for the victims of the deadly mass shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Fla., in June 2016.

Moulton has pushed for Congress to pass gun control legislation in the past — he was one of many Democrats who held a sit-in on the House floor after the Pulse shooting to try and force Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to bring gun control legislation up for a vote.

He called for Congress to move on gun control in a tweet earlier Monday.

“Thinking of everyone in #LasVegas, and praying Congress will have the courage to do more than stand in silence to commemorate them,” Moulton said.

At least 58 people are left dead and more than 500 others wounded after a gunman opened fire at a Las Vegas country music festival in what is now the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.

Eight Kisumu county officers, among them two chief officers on compulsory leave have recorded statements with EACC over a 25 million scandal


African Press International (API)

By Dickens Wasonga.

The number key of officers of Kisumu County government are on the radar of the Ethics and Anti corruption commission over alleged runaway graft in county. The number of those being summoned to record statements by the anti graft agency continue to rise each day.

On Monday last week , the commission summoned yet another crop of officers , among them chief officers who were sent on compulsory leave by the Kisumu Governor Prof Peter Anyan’g Nyon’go soon after he was sworn in.

According to the County Secretary Dr Olan’go Onudi, EACC wrote to him asking that the officers should immediately record statements with the Commission’s officers in their Kisumu offices at Jubilee house.

A reliable source at the commission’s Kisumu office, county officers summoned last Monday recorded their statements over a controversial cyber security system where a sever was allegedly procured against procurement rules

We also…

View original post 608 more words